Friday, July 26, 2013

Ukulele Songs, Grad School and Dinosaurs-with-Tiny-Arms

I know I tend to rant and climb on a soap box, but I don't mean to always be negative. After reading through my last few posts, I decided I needed to share something more fluffy.... something light-hearted and fun. Then today I saw this:



Ukuleles are such happy, social instruments! I love it! I've been playing myself for a few years (The hipster in me must point out that I was into the ukulele way before everyone else rediscovered them!!!), but gotten more serious recently.



Easy to travel with and then plug in and jam; The Kala Travel Tenor with Shadow pickup system. Sounds great plugged in or just strummed.
This is the ukulele I've been playing. His name is Cecil.
We are really getting along well!


I'm also getting ready to start grad school next month..... Yippee! 
Going to be studying library science, with an emphasis on archives.


Support your local library!




And finally, this gave me a nice chuckle this week:
;)
Have a happy, marshmallow-filled, butterfly-attacking, chocolate-covered week!



Other Interesting Things I've read this week: